At last! Pool is finished and filled

lennyf

Dec 8, 2013
At last! Pool is finished and filled with 25KG clean city water. PH is 7.0, TA and CH are both 330 (very hard water!) Pool is tiled with ceramics. I'm planning on using liquid chlorine. What's the very first step? Should I raise PH to 7.5 BEFORE putting in the chlorine? If yes, then how? borax? I really don't want to add un-necessary stuff. And what about the TA? Should I lower it also before the chlorine? Or should I just start with chlorine for couple of days, then test and see. Thanks for the site and answers!

Get some bleach in there - remember you have no CYA to buffer it, so shoot low and expect it not to last.

Then fumble around with the CYA cyanuric acid stabilizer. Target 30-40; if you overshoot because the pool's not as big as you think, it's not a crisis and if you undershoot, it's easy to add more later.

The pH will come up pretty fast with that high TA, so don't sweat it. In a day or two you'll likely be knocking it back with acid, so don;t bother with borax today. People splashing in the pool will aerate it pretty good.

thanks. Then, what's your recommendation about the use of water clarifier (Alumina Silicate?). If I use it then how I pour it and when - in time relation with chlorine pouring. Thanks again.

You won't need a water clarifier, if you follow the directions in pool school and all the advice you'll get on this board. I balance my pool at the beginning of the season and the only things I have to add is liquid chlorine. I have NEVER had an algae outbreak using this method. I just dose my pool in the evenings to a little above my target level and I'm good to go for the next day. The water sparkles like diamonds.

thanks. Then, what's your recommendation about the use of water clarifier (Alumina Silicate?). If I use it then how I pour it and when - in time relation with chlorine pouring. Thanks again.
I haven't got a clue. I've never used anything like that. My experience is that if I keep the pH and FC levels where they should be, my water stays crystal clear with 3 hours of filtering per day.

Why do you think you need clarifier? Is this pool shedding fresh plaster dust or something? Or are you listening to the pool store salesmen?

When I said Water Clarifier I meant some coagulation agent that combines many small particles to few bigger ones, so they sank down and make the water clearer and also make filter's life easier..
There is no plaster dust in my pool. It's tiled. And no, I'm not listening to the pool store salesmen. Actually I built EVERYTHING myself, not talking to no one.. I'm trying to upload a picture of those small tiny particles. You don't see them on the light-blue tile background, but you see them very clearly in daylight and dark-blue tile background. I don't know what they are, and the pool water in general view look very clean and clear. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• P6250189.jpg
    P6250189.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 74
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.