Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build in North Orlando

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build in North Orlando

image.jpg

Here we go...just got started this past week and PB is making some quick, early progress. Permitting finished last week, framing outline done Wednesday and the dig on Friday. We had a guy out there from 7:30 am yesterday(Saturday) to 10pm putting in rebar and the pool plumbing...needless to say we have had a lot of action in just a few days...this is my first time posting and starting a thread. I will continue to add pictures. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build in North Orlando

Congrats. Welcome to the forum. Keep us updated.

3. Back To Top    #3

Gonna be a pretty view! Everyone loves pics around here... <hint hint nudge nudge>
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! I'm in East Orlando. You will love the long swimming season here. Just want to make sure your pool builder took the time to tell you about Florida's pool barrier requirements (515.29 Residential swimming pool barrier requirements http://tinyurl.com/koyvuq4). A fence around the perimeter is not usually enough to meet FL requirements.
    George
    18K Pebble Tec pool & spa, Jandy Jep2.0 VS ePump, Jandy CS250 cartridge filter, Sta Rite Maxi Therm 333 propane heater, Hayward Aqua Rite SWG, Heliocol solar panels, remote fill/drain—All controlled by AquaLink RS8 One Touch

5. Back To Top    #5

You're off to a fast start! Looking forward to seeing more.
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the early replies...geoandkay, yes...we have already been pulled around a little bit on the expectations for the perimeter as they are not as clear as they should be. Fortunately, our fence is compliant to code and we are electing to go with alarms on the necessary doors and windows leading to the pool area. This should put us within the code requirement.
    I am up to taking quite a few pictures and will certainly try to update our progress as often as possible. I will back up a little and show some of the renderings from our PB.

7. Back To Top    #7

Some updated pics today with the rebar and some of the plumbing...moving right along...

8. Back To Top    #8

Hello again from Orlando! It has been the typical afternoon rainy season here, but we continue to make progress. We had the gunite done on Tuesday and you can really get a feel for the pool now. The kids were asking if we could go ahead and fill it up!!! Yes, we are all anxious. Anyone have any ideas on set time for the gunite or typical times before they jump onto the next steps?
    Here ar a couple pics with the updates...wishing all a happy 4th! Enjoy!!

9. Back To Top    #9

I know in my case, after the shotcrete, things slowed down a lot. It went very quickly in the beginning and then the progress was regular, but much slower.

I think a large part of it will depend on your PB and how busy they are, the weather, etc. So many variables impact their schedule that I don't believe anyone could honestly predict.

Some builds seem to finish in 6 weeks; other have lasted much longer than 6 months!
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

10. Back To Top    #10

Oh wow... this is going to be a very nice pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

This pool looks really large and the drawings are very nice. Can't wait to see the progression
    New in 2017, will update