Still a battle

May 25, 2014
Tea sd
Alright I'm still battling this cl game!

Cya 20
Fc 4.5
Cc 0
Ta 150
Ph 7.2
Ch 370

This is my second day of religiously monitoring water hourly.
Poolmath just told me to add 153 oz?
No CC for two days, and water is crystal clear.
Yesterday I put new sand in filter.
How long, realistically, can I expect to have to do this.
Last night I dropped 5 ppm in cl levels, along with cya drop of 10 ppm after a rainstorm went through.

Thanks folks.

How long, realistically, can I expect to have to do this.
1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

I know that's not the answer you are looking for but it is the truth. You have organics in your pool consuming chlorine.

You may be done... but you just can't tell yet. If you lost 1/3 of the CYA, that means you lost 1/3 of the water to overflow, which means it must be time to start building an ark. The only way to know for sure is to pass all three tests simultaneously.

Could be a lot of organic stuff got washed into the pool by the rain. If it's an above-ground, that probably doesn't apply, though. But we have no idea without a signature. If it's an aboveground pool, a huge number of people who have had difficulties with the OCLT because of hidden algae inside pool ladders and behind steps. Inground owners have reported success only after pulling out the light and scrubbing the niche out.

But it's all conjecture at this point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.