New Pool Build

Did you already have a spa there before the pool was built? The square spa?

There was something here when I bought the house, though I'm not sure what exactly it was. It had no jets. Some called it a spool. Some say a koi pond. The previous owners said they had started on a pool and then the market crashed- so I'm not sure if it was their pool or what.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow!! How nice! You've inspired me to go home and work on our landscaping! FWIW, I like the color of the pavers...it makes the coping pop and highlights the color of the stone work. Great job! I bet it's been fun to watch it all come together!

Thank you, Heather. The paver choice was difficult for me. I wanted them to contrast the coping and make the stone really be the eye catcher. I'm happy with the choice. Did my mess make you want to go fix your yard:p I can't wait to get to planting stuff in the planters and getting rid of this dirt!

Agree! Pavers complement the stone very nicely!

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Turning out great! The pavers set it off and I like the "earthy" tones you are choosing for your color scheme. What plaster finish are you going with?

Right now I'm planning on medium grey plaster. PB is on vacation for another week so everything is at a standstill, unfortunately. otherwise we are so close!

Nothing much has happened this week until today. PB should be back from vacation on Friday, so maybe things will move. Electricians came today to install lights and get everything hooked up. Little perturbed because the electricians set off my house alarm. They entered my garage saying "we saw it was unlocked so we opened the door and went inside to look for the equipment." The equipment was right where the PB had put it (outside), but apparently they didn't see it and didn't bother to call PB first.

PB's fill in says he will be back later tomorrow to work on the gate.

I still need my spa seat raised (younger members of the family can't enjoy the spa as it is now- too deep, even though spa seats were spiraled), gate inspection, pre plaster inspection and then plaster. Pool was scheduled to be finished on the 26th of this month, but I don't think it will happen. Bummer. It sure moved when the PB was getting his big draws.

Finally finished! I'm loving the color & glad I went with medium grey plaster. It's smooth and pretty.
image_zps3ae5b6fa.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now to get on the landscape & outdoor kitchen ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you.

We've had the pool filled for about a month. Just got the salt system started. That's great news for us since we had some ear and skin infections and I'm assuming pool chemical problems are partially to blame.

Just got the heat going on for the spa as well, though I haven't used it yet.

Plaster company was out to smooth some rough spots. There are drips and finger prints in the plaster that really bug me. Plaster company said they would acid wash the pool for free for a year. problem w that is that the pool would have to be drained which is bothersome- especially given the severe drought we are experiencing.

Hardscape company has been out because the polymeric sand isn't staying put. After a few days of use the deck is sandy, sand is in the pool, etc. They are going to remedy this problem by adding more sand and putting some kind of sealer on the whole deck.

I haven't started the outdoor kitchen or landscaping yet, but hope to get that going soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.