Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: brown - Pool pressure too high

1. Back To Top    #1

brown - Pool pressure too high

My pool pressure is way too high. I just brought a house with a pool and the pool pressure is at 30.
    I have a sand filter.Hayward S244S Pro Series Side Mount Sand 24in. Tank In Ground Pool Filter I think. I believe my pool hold 18,000 gallons of water. I have tried everything to lower the pressure. when I backwash that when my pressure is the highest. On recirculate the pump goes down to 20 to 25. I have checked the fan, I also took off the Jandy valve and looked through all the pipes to make sure there was nothing in them. I cleaned the skimmer basket and made sure there was nothing in the pipes by pumping water through them with a waterholes and nothing seems to be working. when I turn the pump off the gauge reads at 8 or 10. I was wondering if that was the problem. when I put the pump on filter all of the return jets seem to be working fine. there is lots of water coming out of them.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help pool pressure is too high

Welcome to TFP!

Your gauge is broken and should be replaced. Gauges tend not to last all that long.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you.. I had the gauge changed this morning and it still reading 29 psi. I have no idea what it could be. How would I know if there is a blockage some where? What would happen If I keep it running at 29 psi?Thank you for your help.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

What does your new gauge read when you turn off the pump?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

The new gauge reads 0 when the pump is off.