Chlorine dropped to zero

With 36k volume, you should see 824oz of 12.5% bleach required. Which is 6.5 gallons or 6.8 121oz jugs (which is silly because 12.5% does not come in 121oz jugs ... only 8.25% does).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SLAM says at least twice a day and no more than every hour I think. Try in an hour. As the FC sticks around longer, you go go longer between testing and adjusting.

Your water is clear right? You may want to go ahead with the OCLT right away as well. May not take long if the pool is pretty clean already.

Ok. I brought pool up to slam level ( 24)
This afternoon. Took my OCLT reading at 8:30 pm and it is 8.5. I'm dreading tomorrow morning. Could 16 ppms be gone already? It was a very sunny hot day today. Pool is crystal clear tonight

Were you able to clean out the light niche yet?

The light niche is a fav hiding place for algae and has prevented many SLAMmers from passing the OCLT :hammer:

Are you brushing/scrubbing every nook and cranny? Steps, ladders, skimmer throats, etc?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.