identify my pool parts please!

I finally got my pool up and running after getting a new liner but it's my first pool and I have no clue what I am doing. I was hoping someone could give me a brief description of what I am looking at in my filter/pump area and skimmer. A little more confused where these pipes are going and what exactly the valves do. The #7 pipe goes out to nothing which I assume is just for backwashing?

I know I am looking at the filter, pump, chlorinator and heater but that's about it. Also in my skimmer there are 2 holes - hard to see the 2nd one in the pic but the second one is round but looks like there is a smaller square inside it.

I have an inground pool, vinyl liner, DE filter, Hayward SP2610x15 pump 1.5HP. It's about 16x32 I think maybe a tiny bit smaller - still in the process of learning more about my whole pool.

One issue I am having is with my vacuum - it's the Navigator Pro and it doesn't seem like I'm getting enough suction. The video said something about turning off the main drain but don't know how and I was assuming it had something to do with turning the valves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need it!

Attachments

• filterpumpheater.jpg
    filterpumpheater.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 54
  • skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 53
The first photo looks like a skimmer that is missing it's debris basket.

1) Pump suction
2&3) Two possible source of water for the pump to draw on. You will need to experiment to figure out what each one is. Typically skimmer and main drain, but quite possibly something else.
4&5) Two possible destinations for water. Again you need to experiment to see where they go.
6) Short connection to a chlorine tablet feeder.
7) Waste - used when backwashing or draining the pool
8) Connection between the filter (the large cylindrical tank) and the heater (more rectangular)

Skimmers are often made with two holes, just in case. When actually connected the installer may have blocked one of the holes (most common) or the second hole can run to the main drain (far from ideal), or to a separate equalizer port (small grate on the inside wall of the pool).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.