Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Incremental cost of Pebbletec?

1. Back To Top    #1

Incremental cost of Pebbletec?

We have a quote for a pool that is 469 sq ft with a maximum length of 32 feet and a maximum width of 16 feet. The depth is from 3.5 feet to 6 ft.

The current quote is for plain old white plaster. What is the typical incremental cost of pebbletec for that size of pool? Are there other alternatives to pebbletec that we should consider? We are no fans of white plaster but we are on a budget so we are a little concerned!

37x20, 23,500 gallon gunite, irregularly shaped, hayward 1.5 super pump, hayward 4820 DE filter, northeast geo

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Incremental cost of Pebbletec?

I like DiamondBrite, it should be about half way between the cost of plaster and PebbleTec.

PebbleTec comes in several different price levels, even the least expensive is going to be thousands of dollars more than plain plaster.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I think when we got our pool resurfaced, pebbletec (or Diamondbrite..cant remember which it was) was about $2500-$3000 more than the white plaster.

If you plan on staying in that house, it would be worth your while to get the aggregate finish IMO.
    Intex 15' x 36" Easy Set Pool
    Intex 2500 gal/hr pump/filter
    Sunheater 2' x 20' Solar heater
    TF - 100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You could consider a tinted plaster, which I would think fall somewhere between plain white and the aggregate finishes, pricewise...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!