Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBQ in Raleigh N.C.

1. Back To Top    #1

BBQ in Raleigh N.C.

I have to fly in to Raleigh Tuesday and cannot wait for some great N.C. BBQ. Does anyone have any suggestions for BBQ near the airport in Raleigh? Thanks.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: BBQ in Raleigh N.C.

http://www.smokeysshack.com/

About 10 minutes from the airport. If you want to avoid lines, get there early...say maybe 11:30.

It's a dump but the crowd's there speak for the food.

No "chain" restaurant facilitation.....just good ole' vinegar based barbecue. Enjoy.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Duraleigh, we arrive at 3 pm. Will head over and give it a try before heading to Winton Salem. Thanks for the tip. Down here in New Orleans they don't know what BBQ is.

- - - Updated - - -

Darn, they close at 2pm.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Ouch! I don't have suggestion heading towards W-S.....perhaps someone else will be along.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I guess we will wait until we get to High Point. We have a favorite spot there. I am always looking for something new to try when I am up there. Thanks Duraleigh!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuyInNOLA View Post
    Thanks Duraleigh, we arrive at 3 pm. Will head over and give it a try before heading to Winton Salem. Thanks for the tip. Down here in New Orleans they don't know what BBQ is.

- - - Updated - - -

Darn, they close at 2pm.
    Have you tried The Joint? http://alwayssmokin.com/. Pretty good stuff.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

No, I saw it on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Every place down here that I have tried uses a sweet BBQ sauce which I hate. In North Carolina they use a vinegar based sauce. Much better in my opinion.