Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a Light - Savi Melody or Intellibrite 5G

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a Light - Savi Melody or Intellibrite 5G

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of replacing my liner and looking to add a light. My pool guy recommended the Savi Melody lights. I've read mixed reviews on these overall, as well they seem suited for a new build where you can put 3 or 4 to cover your whole pool. With this being an addition to an old pool that never had a light, the only place we can easily put them are against the deep end wall.

I have a Grecian shaped pool, so the 2 Melody lights would be on the back wall, only 6 feet apart from each other.

So my question is, do you think it would be better to go with 1 Intellibrite 5G or 2 Savi Melody lights for this situation?

Thank you for your suggestions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a Light - Savi Melody or Intellibrite 5G

For the most light for the money I would go with two incandescents.

Hayward claims its Colorlogic is brighter. So you might want to look at those. I'd go shopping at two or three pool stores and ask. Note that light manufacturers tell you everything about their lights except hoew much light they put out.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks gwegan for your suggestion. I think I would like a coloured light, so I'm going to go with an LED.

I looked into the Hayward, but I found some bad reviews and some people actually switching their Hayward to the Intellibrite as they are similar sizes.

Just wanted to do one bump on this post as I have to give the pool guy a decision in the morning. I'm still torn between the 1 larger Intellibrite vs 2 smaller Savi melody lights.

I'm leaning towards the Intellibrite as I have not found any bad reviews, but my pool guy says he installs far more Savi Melody! Argh!

Any last minute suggestions? Any Intellibrite or Savi Melody owners out there?

4. Back To Top    #4

We installed the Jandy nicheless and really like the color options they provide.

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights