Will horseplay hurt my pool?

Sep 8, 2007
I have a 24' round AG pool and my kid likes to make huge waves in it. He weighs over 200 lb, and the waves crest the sides of the pool. The ladder moves around quite a bit and the walls flex alot when he does this.

He has a great time, so I would like to let him go, but I am worried about the structural integrity of the pool.

Has anyone ever seen the walls or liner break because of too much wave motion or horsing around? I am not talking about playing with knives near the liner, just the physical force involved.

Thanks.

I do the same thing in ours and I am 250# the Grandkids love it if theyre in the water. I havent really noticed our stairs moving though but our stairs are weighted with sand to help them from moving with the circular motion the water makes from the return eye. I have never noticed the side of the pool bulging out though :eek:

The only rules we have for people swimming are
1) Use the ladder to get out of the pool. (Dont climb out by the sides)
2) Dont hang around or swing on the ladder so people can get in and out

Oh and

3) You dont like rules number 1 & 2 ... dont ask to go swimming! :wink:

I would speculate that the wave action we see at the surface is limited to that area of the pool but someone who can answer that better than I can will, im sure put in their .02

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.