Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing stains on stainless ladder from acid or chlorine drops

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing stains on stainless ladder from acid or chlorine drops

Hello, new to this great forum. I have found answers to most of my questions, but can't seem to find anything on this one...

I have stains that appear suspiciously like drops on my stainless steel ladder. They are above the waterline and I suspect we were just too careless when adding liquid chlorine. Any suggestions on how to remove them? Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Removing stains on stainless ladder from acid or chlorine drops

Can you snap a picture and post it for us to see what you are talking about?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

I think you can see from this picture that whatever caused the stains seemed to run. I have tried a few gentle cleaners but I suspect that something like a stainless steel polish would work. Thanks!

IMG_7626a.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Stainless steel comes in many types and grades, and usually is not stain-proof, but stain-LESS.

Bleach, when put on stainless, it causes a slight oxidation, which is what you have.

You have a mirrored surface, so you are in for a LOT of polishing. Go to an auto parts store, and get a product specifically for polishing chrome or other metals. Use some super soft cotton towels, and buff it until it's good as new.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall