Turning a Green swamp Blue, already started. Now I'm here.

Jun 21, 2014
FL
Just found the forum and got a Taylor k-2006 today. The pool is not mine yet, so at best I can get to it once a day for a while. It will have to stay on tablets for a month or so until I'm living in it.

Pool is 17,000 gal, white plaster, cartridge filter.
Dark green, hundreds of tadpoles, some frogs.

Day 1:
Can kind of see first step in low end with sunlight

Got as many tadpoles frogs out as I could

Brushed with stainless brush

Clean filter

3lbs of Yellow Out

9 bags of 73% CalHypo

5 Gallons of Leslie's 10-12% liquid Chlorine

Test PH with Jungle labs test strip (after all chems were in, Before I left, I took a water sample home with me) 7.9-8.0

Day 2:

Greyish, can sort of see floor of low end 20 min before it was dark out

Clean filter

Brush pool

1lb Yellow Out

3 bags CalHypo

5 Gal Liquid Chlorine

Day 3

Dark blue deep end, lighter blue low end very cloudy, cant see light or drain.

Take water sample to bring home, from at least a foot deep

Clean Filter

Vacuum, can see all of low end, cant see the rest.

Clean Filter

5 gal Liquid chlorine

Brought water sample home (from before vacuuming and liquid chlorine) here are the results:

FC 4.0ppm
CC 1.0ppm
PH 7.0-7.2
TA 60ppm
CH 130ppm
CYA 0 It barely got cloudy?

I forgot to mention, I also have a floater in the pool with thrichlor tablets.

I'm guessing I should add soda ash or Borax? Any preference? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I guess it sounds like a mess, I sympathize with your predicament. I am new this year to TFP. I have been pool stored for 2 years.....but NO more. From this website and my testkit (a TF 100), I have been informed and set free from trusting others with my POOL! I encourage you to relax and learn. I have gone from my granddaughters not wanting anything to do with my pool because it "smelled funny, burned my eyes, looked funky" to can we please go to CawPa's house and swim in HIS pool. My pool is now WAY better than the pool at their condos.
My Granddaughters even love to help me test the water and understand the meniscus to fill the tubes correctly. Funny thing is they think I can tell which one of them pee'ed in the pool from my secret laboratory testing. They count the drops for the FC testing and the pH.
I encourage you to read the postings from similar situations to yours and to take control via testing your own Pool. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to TFP!

Suggestions? You might want to go back to school. Click the pool school button near the top right corner of this page and start reading. We don't use a lot of pool store chemicals here. We don't need them. If you stick around, you will find out you don't need them either and save yourself a lot of money.

Welcome.

You should spend the next several days studying Pool School. Read the ABC's of pool water chemistry first and then read the FC/CYA chart. :goodjob:

Thanks for the welcome's! I'll be doing lots of reading. The main initial goal was not have a swamp when the inspector/appraiser comes, which was supposed to be much sooner then it actually will be.... I will definitely be sticking to the liquid chlorine after I close on the house, but can't go there every single day (I'm not really supposed to be there, or be doing anything) so I will need to keep using some kind of tablets in it until I close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.