Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this baffle/plastic plate attached to my ladder?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this baffle/plastic plate attached to my ladder?

poolbaffle.JPG

I am pretty new to pools... I have owned my pool for only about a month now. The previous owners had this baffle type plate attached to the ladder. Can anyone tell me what this is for? All it really accomplishes is stops all the flowers that are falling from my trees from reaching the skimmer. I really can't imaging a good use for such a thing.... especially on just one side of the ladder.

Attached is a night pic... If you can't really see it good enough I will attach a day time pic. This is my first pic upload I just wanted to go ahead and post while I was thinking about it.

Thanks
    Cloey
    ____________________________________________________________ ___________
    15,000 gallon in ground pool with liner, Purex Triton Tagelus sand filter, Pentair Superflo 1HP.... Clinton, MS.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this baffle/plastic plate attached to my ladder?

That is to keep an automatic pool cleaner like a Polaris from getting stuck behind the ladder. At least that's what the previous owner of my pool told me when she was showing me around.
    Test kit: TF-100
    Pool: 33K gal 20x40' IG vinyl w/ diving board, waterslide, fiberglass steps. PacFab PF50 stainless steel sand filter. Hayward H250 heater. Polaris 380 with 3/4hp Pentair LA01N booster pump
    Indoor Spa: 400gal...still gathering info about it

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is this baffle/plastic plate attached to my ladder?

They left me a Pentair Legend?... I think that is what it is... so you may just be correct. This thing can act a bit retarded in its actions

Pentair_Legend.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________ ___________
    15,000 gallon in ground pool with liner, Purex Triton Tagelus sand filter, Pentair Superflo 1HP.... Clinton, MS.