Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex metal frame 15 foot pool - how do you keep cove ron in summer

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex metal frame 15 foot pool - how do you keep cove ron in summer

Our pool is surrounded by trees and gets a lot of crud falling on it. We often have days between uses. Last summer I used just the solar cover as a cover but it got quite dirty and every time I removed it, all the stuff landed in the pool. I started to apply the vinyl Intex pool cover (the one with drawstring) but am wondering if anyone has an ideas on securing it to the metal frame. Ideally a spring clip over the top 2 inch bar and cover would hold it in place nicely.

What do other do in a similar environment - solar cover alone, solar and vinyl? How do you secure the vinyl?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex metal frame 15 foot pool - how do you keep cove ron in summer

Bungy cords with bottles of bleach filled with sand....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

I use spring clamps similar to these to hold my cover on during swim season.

One on every other post to hold the cover to the post. Quick to remove the cover by myself, just several trips around the pool.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

We have a very mature and large maple tree close to our pool. We only use a solar cover,but I was having the same issue with the top of the solar cover getting filthy,then trying to take it off without all the crud going into the pool was impossible.So I ended up cutting the solar cover into 4 sections. This will make it much easier to take off each piece without having all of the junk falling into our pool.
    AGP
    16' x 32' x 54" Chesapeake
    Hayward S230T 23" Sand Filter System 1.5-HP 2-Speed Matrix Pump
    Raypak 206,000 btu ng Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Cutting the solar cover into strips makes it a lot easier to take the cover off without dumping everything in the pool. Also having a real skimmer means the leaves will get pulled in when the get into the pool.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Bungy cords with bottles of bleach filled with sand....
    how did you attach the bungy cords? The cover we have doesn't have eyelets or anything to attach to.

We are having quite a hard time keeping our pool cover provided by intex on as well...looking for solutions...may have to go with those spring-clips.

7. Back To Top    #7

15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.