Want new Filter, Pump, Skimmer and Chlorine Feeder

Jun 19, 2014
Tonopah AZ
I have a 3 year old Intex 12x24x52" Ultra softsided 8,400 gallon AG pool. We want to upgrade from the Intex supplied POS plumbing equipment, the 1500 gallon pump with a type A filter and over the wall skimmer. I am looking at the following items:

1. Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit

2. Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump with Cord

3. Hayward EC40AC Perflex Extended-Cycle D.E. Pool Filter

4. Hayward CL200 Automatic Pool Chemical Feeder with Mounting Base

Would these items work with my pool? Right now I have very little flow and the almost daily maintenance is a real pain. We live in southern AZ and would like to keep our pool filled year round so that we can use it as much as possible. I find it hard to understand the GPM ratings for the pumps. Is this proposed set up too much or would it give us the clean minimum maintenance pool we are seeking? HELP!!! :confused:

I would get a smaller two speed pump. The PowerFlo line is fine, just look for a 3/4 HP or 1 HP dual speed. A two speed pump can save you roughly 50% of your electric bill. Pool stores are always pushing larger pump, but all they do is increase your electric usage.

The chlorine tablet feeder is a more complex question. We don't recommend using tablets, as they constantly add CYA to the water. However it can be nice to have a tablet feeder for things like vacations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.