Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken Hayward Aqualogic replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Broken Hayward Aqualogic replacement

IG FG 15,000. I purchased home last year (from bank), with Hayward Aqualogic with non working SWG and I can't do anything with the menu. I can turn pump on and off. I really am on the fence about SWG. I really don't want to replace parts on old system. The local stores and pool maintenance offer little advice except replace old with parts for $1000+. So what are some options? Has anyone replaced SWG with a different model or brand? Has anyone switched from SWG to chlorine or something else? Any ideas how to reconfigure the power panel to timers since my current panel does not working? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Broken Hayward Aqualogic replacement

The Aqualogics are fairly easy to repair if you are handy. Many suffer from this problem: www.nocellpower.com. A simple soldering fix is all that is needed but it depends on what is wrong with yours. It is at least worth looking into.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I already tried that. No change.

4. Back To Top    #4

Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I have thought about that. I am just concerned how often I will have to pay to replace the board. How do I know it is not the control pad? How would I know my soldering fix did not work? The system just keep saying low salt, SWG inop.