Pool Spa Leak - should the leak water have traces of chlorine?

cp73

Jun 21, 2014
Laguna Hills CA
Yesterday I had a pool leak detection done on my pool because of excess water in the adjoining flower bed and also because over the last couple of years it just seemed like I was putting water in too frequently (about every 5 days). Although it was not detectible in my water bill. I was told that our spa has some leaks which he attempted to fill with epoxy (said may not work or be temporary only). All the pool plumbing lines were fine. So in flower bed next to the spa I had dug a hole and have a small pool of water. I have emptied the pool of water and over night again it will slowly refill. I have tested this water and so did the pool guy and we can find no trace of chlorine in it. Should there be chlorine in the water in my flower bed or because its been in the dirt and may take a while to this spot its just gone? If the results of the epoxy don't work and I have to repair the spa I just want to feel confident the water is really coming from the spa and not my sprinklers. Oh, and I had the gardner check the sprinklers. I was thinking that if I have to repair the spa I would drain the spa for a week or so and see if the excess water in the hold in the flower bed goes away before I fix it?

Should there be traces of chlorine in that excess leaked water? or does the dirt take it away? Any other ideas?

First time post...glad I found this site.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.