Came home from a week conference to a green-ish pool. I had the MIL and daughter adding bleach every day but I guess it wasn't enough. This will be the first time I've ever shocked a pool. It is an AG liner. CYA 40.
1. Clean filter (haven't in a while, might as well start with a clean slate)
2. Confirm pH in appropriate range (7.2-7.5)
3. Bring FC up to shock level, 16ppm for my situation.
4. Maintain this shock level by frequently testing throughout the day.
5. Brush the pool once a day.
6. Finished when I pass the three requirements (CC, OCLT, clear)
That about right? The article mentions I should vacuum debris... and we get a lot of that, the pool is under a lot of pine trees. With the skimmers working non-stop during this process, the amount that sinks should be limited, but there will be some. In order to vacuum I really need to get in the pool since it's quite large and we don't have a deck all the way around. Is it okay to get in the pool with the algae and high levels of chlorine to do this?