Jandy iAqualink offline (wired connection)

May 23, 2014
Englishtown, NJ
Hi guys
My iAqualink that was working for 3 months by now stopped working last week. Green LED just won't stay on.
Out of nowhere...

Wired setup, static IP. Can ping the controller. Ethernet plug works just fine 'cause i hooked up my laptop to verify the connection.
AllButton controller reads "Aqualink WiFi" panel on ID=3 in "Diagnostics". Aquapure works just fine.
Actually, EVERYTHING works fine except iAqualink.

I checked wires...8.6V between red and green (1-4 on red connector)...i guess additional assertion is that AllButton panel sees iAqualink panel just fine.

When i unplug ethernet jack - pings stop...plug it back in - resume. But just red and yellow LED's; green goes "on" once and then does not come back.

Of course i reset my RS8 a couple of times...no dice.

I would blame my FIOS router for not allowing outgoing connections...but this is nonsense since there's no MAC filtering enabled and my laptop goes online just fine when plugged into this jack.

Lastly, i tried wireless connection...grabs IP just fine and i can ping it from my home network. But no green light.

What the heck happened?
I don't want to shell out $300 for iAqualink 2.0 (which is a subsequent upgrade from iAqualink 1.0 that i have)

Any help...

THANK YOU!!

try removing all other 485 connected appliances and just leave the iAqualink connected. no passwords or SSID have changed?

Hi
Thanks for the reply!!
Did that already...and then has given up on it.
And no passwords are to be involved since i got "wired" connection...iAqualink has RJ45 jack to bypass the wireless hassle! :)

Then yesterday at around 4pm it started working!
That is after a weekly "outage"...

Well, what i know for sure is that *nothing* on my side was rebooted or changed. Neither any Aqualink device, nor my routers to VZ modem that is in my house.

Can it be Zodiac's server(s)? Probably not since thousands of pool owners would have pounded their phone lines...true?
Oh well, at least i'm good for now.
Thanks again for the reply!!

It appears that the v1.0 iAqualink Jbox circuit boards have problems....besides the fact that it is ancient 802.11b Wi-Fi radio. I have heat related issues with mine.....once the temp hits 92/93 outside, boom...no Wi-Fi or ethernet connection. This is in the shade temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.