Replacing Polaris 360

Feb 4, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Gang,

I have a Polaris 360 that needs replacing, but in looking into the models, I see what may be a problem. the 360 is supposed to run without need of a booster pump, on an ordinary pressure line - however mine is tied into a dedicated booster pump pressure line. So now I've started trying to understand how that booster is plumbed to see if I should be running it only after the regular pump is finished or if running both pumps together is ok. my concern would be two pumps suctioning from the skimmer basket at the same time causing too much pressure / flow on the inlet side. And/or Booster pump suction providing negative pressure to the filter in a situation where maybe the filter shouldnt have negative pressure. I dont know alot about pools but I know having two pumps in series can cause all sorts of interesting pressure related issues when one or the other or both of the pumps are operating, so I figured I shout that out here to see if anyone wanted to let me know the previous owners had been sold something strange or unwieldy.

For the record. Input side of the booster pump suctions from the output side of the filter ( where the returns split to the waterfalls and underwater nozzle returns the booster pump is a 5th Split thankfully not valved so I cant accidentally close it off and then try to run the pump ) and booster pump output goes to a dedicated output where the 360 connects.

So my questions for the group are :
Is that a normal booster pump plumbing arrangement?
Should I therefore replace my 360 with a 380 which is intended to operate on a dedicated booster pump?

If there's any other system I should be considering instead of these two, please feel free to chime in as well.

I will note that prior to having a part inside the existing 360 break it had been doing a bang up job of keeping the wall and floors clean - and the only thing I really needed to routinely brush were the steps and shallow end vertical walls where it cannot get.

Thanks for all your help.
Cardano

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.