How Did You Cut Your Rigid Foam Board for Under Your Pool?

PPrince

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2013
North Coast of Ohio
Hoping to arrange, cut and lay down rigid foam insulation boards for our 18' round pool. I am just wondering where people started? In the center of the pool and work out or start at one side and go from there? I know there will be some pieces cut to size and wondering if people tried to locate toses around the edges or in the center? Kind of like tiling a floor, you plan ahead so that you don't end up with small tiny pieces around the edge if you can avoid it. Since I am working with 4' X 8' sheets and cutting them to fit a round pool, where do I want to put the "smaller" pieces?

I put together two quick layouts. (Hope they post okay.) One starting it "the upper left" of the diagram using a full sheet and the other starting in the center and working out. Hopefully you can follow this better with an illustration.

What did you do?

i-C45VHmz-XL.jpg
i-rQxqx7Q-XL.jpg

Attachments

• i-C45VHmz-L.jpg
    i-C45VHmz-L.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 87
please excuse my drafting progream, er I mean cruddy ms paint abilities but this is how I did mine. 12 sheets with one (in red) cut in half.

so far the excess "corners" are either just breaking off or still sitting there unattended. sigh. I REALLY need to work on the ground around my pool, but I can hardly see it from the inside so I am not very motivated in that respect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.