Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool new problems

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool new problems

Filled pool with well water. Pretty clear after being filled. Added bleach to kill stuff. Water turned green. I suspect it has to do with iron or magnanese in the well water. should I add sequestramts-how much?
    Place: Maine
    Pro-Series Round Frame above ground Vinyl swimming pool 5000 gal 16 ft diameter 4ft high
    Pump: polygroup sfs1000 filter system with F1500C pump Pool installed June 2014 filled with well water

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: new pool new problems

My GUESS is iron also, but it is just a guess. If you add a sequestrant and it works, you will have the issue identified.

You will then have to replenish the sequestrant to keep the iron at bay for the life of the pool.

I have no idea how much that will be or how much to dose. All pools are different and you will have to find what works.

Do you have a water softener in your house?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: new pool new problems

No water softener; just a whole house filter. The house filter does get orange after 2months. Btw--when I checked the pool cartridge filter it was all orange. I was able just to hose it off. I added some HTH metal control and we'll see how it works. my ph was 7.2 After 3 hours of the metal control and constant filtering it looks alot better. now on to the other chemicals.
    Place: Maine
    Pro-Series Round Frame above ground Vinyl swimming pool 5000 gal 16 ft diameter 4ft high
    Pump: polygroup sfs1000 filter system with F1500C pump Pool installed June 2014 filled with well water