Aqua Rite not generating correctly

I have an issue that I cannot figure out. I have an Aqua Rite SWG system that is about 3 years old, and mine had the T-Cell-3 when I installed it. It worked great and I maintained everything regularly.

This winter noticed my chlorine levels were at zero and found myself having to add chlorine regularly. I figured that it was just time to replace my cell. I ordered a new T-Cell-3, and upon arrival I noticed that it had that purple paper in it warning that I needed a system board with firmware 1.5 or higher to run a T-Cell-3. My board had firmware 1.44, but it did have the options for all three t-cells (3, 9, 15), so I decided to try it.

After a few days of running my system, I noticed I still had zero free chlorine, so I decided that I may need to replace my system board, which I did, and is running version 1.59. After a few days, I still notice that my chlorine levels are zero.

My brother, who just installed a brand new SWG, has a slightly larger pool (his is 13K gals, mine is 10K gals), and he mentioned I really should get the t-cell-15 since we live in South Florida and both have lots of kids in pool. At this point I was able to exchange the T-Cell-3 for the t-cell-15, and I noticed that I was starting to show some free chlorine, but not much.

By comparison, my brothers pool shows his chlorine is nearly maxed out using the same chem test kit. All my lights, flow sensors, look normal to me, so I have no idea why my system is not generating adequate chlorine levels.

I decided to run my pump at 2000RPM for 24 hours and set my output dial at 100%, but was surprised to see that my pool was now reading zero chlorine again.

I was hoping someone here may be able to point me in the right direction, I am stumped on this one.

Welcome to TFP!

It is unlikely your issues have anything to do with the SWG. The SWG won't work when it is cold, nor can a SWG be expected to raise FC from zero. You need to properly balance all of your levels manually and then see if the SWG can take over from there.

A good start would be to post a complete set of water test results.

Welcome to TFP!

It is unlikely your issues have anything to do with the SWG. The SWG won't work when it is cold, not can a SWG be expected to raise FC from zero. You need to properly balance all of your levels manually and then see if the SWG can take over from there.

A good start would be to post a complete set of water test results.

I think you are right! I did another test a short while ago, only this time I used an empty bottle and pulled directly off the return closest to my equipment. That sample did indeed indicate that I was generating. I am thinking my chems are out of balance and will get that addressed ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.