Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hose getting pinched when using vaccum head??

1. Back To Top    #1

hose getting pinched when using vaccum head??

when im using the triangle brush the hose will sometimes gets pinched inside the skimmer, do i need a regulator valve?
    or can i place the hose above the skimmer opening?
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    Jacuzzi laser sand filter
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hose getting pinched when using vaccum head??

Yes, to placing the hose above the skimmer opening! That is how I always do it, less stress on the hose and less stress on the weir flap. The only issue is if you have a leak in the hose where the hose it not submerged (typically between hose and fitting on end of hose), being out of water it will suck up some air instead of pool water.

You would only need a regulator valve if you have too much suction when vacuuming.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I find the jacuzzi adapter doesn't work that well can I use or do they make a hose cone large enough to to fit. I tried a 2" but doesn't fit on the Hose
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    1hp pump
    Municipal water

4. Back To Top    #4

i find im getting air. the pressure goes from 10psi to 5 psi and oscillates when i attach hose.
    What i am doing is priming the house with brush underwater using the pool jet till all air is out. then attaching hose to skimmer with the jacuzzi adapter, when i attach the hose to skimmer side i have the pump on is this ok?
    18x38 IG
    Appox. 85000litres
    1hp pump
    Municipal water