Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I want to Cover my Pump n Saltwater Pump SUGGESTIONS?

1. Back To Top    #1

I want to Cover my Pump n Saltwater Pump SUGGESTIONS?

Does Anyone have Suggestions of what to buy to Cover my Pump n Saltwater Pump? I want to Protect it from Splashing and just Elements! Would Love Suggestions, Links, Pictures! Defintly on Budget! Love any Suggestions!
    4742gal, AG, 9x18x52" Intex, vinyl, sand,1500gph, just purchased 6/1/2014, Going to be building SOON !! EXCITED!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I want to Cover my Pump n Saltwater Pump SUGGESTIONS?

a dog house?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

This is what I did. Simple, the roof is hinged.

Intex Ultra Frame 18 X 48" AG (6,420 Gallons), Intex 16" .95HP Sand Filter SWG System (2650 GPH), Hayward thru wall Skimmer, Hard plumbed with fountain, Taylor K-2006/SpeedStir/SampleSizer

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I'm throwing all my equipment into an outdoor storage box, and I'm going to drill holes for the hoses..... Just a standard plastic or wooden outdoor storage box, with slats or vents so the equipment can get some air.....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

5. Back To Top    #5

The Intex pumps and salt water systems are designed to be outdoors around the pool. They don't need to be protected from splashing or the elements. I can see housing it perhaps for looks. But if it's strictly to protect it from the elements, really just a waste of time and money.

6. Back To Top    #6

I suspect the hoses will rot long before the pump and other equipment. next will be the liner where it hangs on the cross pieces. I wish there was a simple (cheap) attractive solution to cover the top of the railing.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer