Jul 17, 2011
Corinth, NY
Just learned that the stream of water coming back into the pool should be at a severe downward angle and pointed away from the skimmer and not shooting back into the pool directly across the surface because it looks cool to see that long stream of water splashing back in that way. :rolleyes:

Not so necessarily, if you have no main drain then some at a down angle can help overall circulation.

However, your returns should also help agitate the surface to encourage good skimming and circulation of the surface water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Several topics merged. Please keep everything relating to one question/project together in one place. You are creating way to many different topics, which creates confusion and wastes the time of the people trying to answer your questions.

Did you read my post, directly above? I specifically said that I merged it back into this one. Please stop creating new topics when you are asking about the same general subject area, and keep interrelated questions together in one topic.

You had four topics, all with a subject of "Hoses", all of which have now been merged into a single "Hoses" topic. You also had three topics labeled "Return", all of which have now been merged into this one (with the duplicates removed). The post labeled "Attachments" is asking about return fittings which aim themselves, a closely inter-related topic to this one. If you have anything further to say/ask about hoses, do so in your existing hoses topic. If you have anything further to say/ask about returns/return fittings/return aiming ask in this topic.

I am looking for my 4 "hoses" topics but I only can find one. I just thought when anyone posts here it wouldn't matter what the topic would be whatever name it was named, I just thought people would reply. I didn't know there were rules to follow about posting the same topics.

I screwed a regular 1.5 inch pvc elbow into my return and aimed it away from my skimmer and slightly down. I now have an amazing whirlpool that moves the surface water as well as most of the other water. I had an eyeball fitting but it was way too restrictive for my liking and it didn't aim as nicely as the elbow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.