Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return

1. Back To Top    #1

Return

Just learned that the stream of water coming back into the pool should be at a severe downward angle and pointed away from the skimmer and not shooting back into the pool directly across the surface because it looks cool to see that long stream of water splashing back in that way.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Return

Not so necessarily, if you have no main drain then some at a down angle can help overall circulation.

However, your returns should also help agitate the surface to encourage good skimming and circulation of the surface water.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

who told you that?
    Not necessarily true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mkdsk101 View Post
    Just learned that the stream of water coming back into the pool should be at a severe downward angle and pointed away from the skimmer and not shooting back into the pool directly across the surface because it looks cool to see that long stream of water splashing back in that way.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    who told you that?
    Not necessarily true at all.
    Pool store told me.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I am not sure I understand the point of the thread. Was it to elicit opinions?

mkdsk101, did you have a question or an opinion?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool store told me.
    Well, as they are quite often, such a statement is nonsense with no basis in fact. You need surface movement to help skimming action. When such things are said, we will challenge them. This is a slam dunk IMO.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
    Well, as they are quite often, such a statement is nonsense with no basis in fact. You need surface movement to help skimming action. When such things are said, we will challenge them. This is a slam dunk IMO.
    You guys are the pros so I do believe you over the pool store.

8. Back To Top    #8

Ahhh... now I understand.

Pool store told me.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Return

Does anyone here use this? I was wondering how they like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-POOL-CIR...ME:B:BODO:US:1

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NyFXYK7E0

10. Back To Top    #10

I've got one of the "v" fittings. It isn't worth the extra money.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

11. Back To Top    #11

They don't work as well as advertised. Put your money in upgrading your plumbing by adding another suction and return. this will improve you circulation far more that any gimmick fitting ever will.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

12. Back To Top    #12

I didn't mean to add this to a thread that I already going to move it to a new thread.

13. Back To Top    #13

Attachments

Does anyone here use this? I was wondering how they like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-POOL-CIR...ME:B:BODO:US:1

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3NyFXYK7E0

14. Back To Top    #14

Several topics merged. Please keep everything relating to one question/project together in one place. You are creating way to many different topics, which creates confusion and wastes the time of the people trying to answer your questions.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

15. Back To Top    #15

Am I doing something wrong when I post? I don't know what is happening. I posted a new thread and named it something different so I am confused why it merged with this one.

16. Back To Top    #16

Did you read my post, directly above? I specifically said that I merged it back into this one. Please stop creating new topics when you are asking about the same general subject area, and keep interrelated questions together in one topic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

17. Back To Top    #17

I am confused. The one I named "Attachments" has nothing to do with this original thread and the one I named "Hoses" totally has nothing to do with this original thread.

18. Back To Top    #18

You had four topics, all with a subject of "Hoses", all of which have now been merged into a single "Hoses" topic. You also had three topics labeled "Return", all of which have now been merged into this one (with the duplicates removed). The post labeled "Attachments" is asking about return fittings which aim themselves, a closely inter-related topic to this one. If you have anything further to say/ask about hoses, do so in your existing hoses topic. If you have anything further to say/ask about returns/return fittings/return aiming ask in this topic.

19. Back To Top    #19

I am looking for my 4 "hoses" topics but I only can find one. I just thought when anyone posts here it wouldn't matter what the topic would be whatever name it was named, I just thought people would reply. I didn't know there were rules to follow about posting the same topics.

20. Back To Top    #20

I screwed a regular 1.5 inch pvc elbow into my return and aimed it away from my skimmer and slightly down. I now have an amazing whirlpool that moves the surface water as well as most of the other water. I had an eyeball fitting but it was way too restrictive for my liking and it didn't aim as nicely as the elbow!
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast