Sick of dumping money in this thing. 27' above ground pool, sand filter, with what I think is mustard algae in it. I just purchased my own test kit because the pool store readings seem strange. Two days ago I went to the pool store and had 0 chlorine reading but everything else was in good ranges. I bought and used 8 gallons of shock and two 3" tabs of chlorine. This was because I believe I have a mustard algae problem. Vacuumed to waste, brushed floor where "algae" is and added products, all of it. After a day and a half mustard algae is in the center of pool still. Off to the pool store I went again. Pool store readings now are: total chlorine 0.2, free chlorine 0.0, pH 8.2, alk 170, calcium 250, stabilizer 30.
Not sure what I hate more, spending all this money or wasting all this time. I live in buffalo, ny for crying out loud. I can only swim for two months and I'm stuck dealing with this.