Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not generating chlorine auto pilot

1. Back To Top    #1

Not generating chlorine auto pilot

I'm hoping someone can give some good advice! I have a Auto Pilot Digital Nano that has not been generating chlorine for over a month. I have been adding liquid chlorine. Called the manufacturer and it seems that all the readings are good. I had a local distributor come out and he ran several diagnostics. He called his local distributor and suggested that I treat the pool for white flies. I treated for that, ran filter 60 hours and nothing! Is buying a new cell the next thing to do. I'm afraid that if it is not the cell and I have to keep buying parts, it will wind up costing me double by the time I'm done. Any help will be appreciated.to do

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not generating chlorine auto pilot

Welcome to TFP!

Could you post the volts and amps from the test autopilot readings when the cell is turned on? It would also help to know your water test results.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason, This isn't going to help you out at all. The digital display is not clear, especially this time of day. I can tell you that the manufacturer told me to put it in boost mode for a few minutes and when I relayed the results to her she said it was a good reading. When the local supplier came out he told me that he was getting several different readings but when he called his rep the rep seemed to think that everything was O.K. As I mentioned he thought it might be white flies but I don't think so! As far as the water test results, when they were taken a few weeks back everything checked out O.K. I can run up to the pool store and get it analyzed today but I just added liquid chlorine so the chlorine readings will be high.

4. Back To Top    #4

1 V 5.1 amps. I went out just to check myself and it was 1 V 4.9 amps

5. Back To Top    #5

If the unit was in boost mode, those readings indicate a problem with the main unit, most likely the main board. Read this thread for more info, http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...oltage-on-test.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Ping, sounds like the same problem that I am experiencing. I have been talking to Josh at saltpoolguys and that is the conclusion that he came to. He should be calling me shortly so that I can get it ordered.