Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New $25 Carb = new lawnmower

1. Back To Top    #1

New $25 Carb = new lawnmower

Hello All,
    I've got a 1995 Toro self propelled mower that was giving be fits. I knew it was a carb issue, cleaned it, but it kept gunking up. I knew it really needed to be dip cleaned but didn't want to have the chemical cleaner around. Checked on eBay and got a new replacement for $25 bucks delivered. 5 minutes to swap it out. Primer bulb, pressed 3 times, first pull, started right up.

Life is good.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New $25 Carb = new lawnmower

Sounds like $25 well spent!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Now if only they could make a small pod like they do for dishwashers or laundry detergent that you toss in the pool at the beginning of the season with all the chemicals needed for the year for $25 !!!!
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

If that is the first significant repair you have done to that mower, I would hang on to it as long as you can.

I'm a fan of the Briggs flathead design. I have three of these (2 were discarded by neighbors and I took them off their hands). All they needed was a carb diaphragm for about $4. They all start on the first pull nearly 100% of the time. This design excels in its simplicity.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeap, first significant repair, bought it used, it even had records. Cannot complain.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida