Oval pool with washouts!

Jun 20, 2014
Capac
I have a 15 x 30 pool that was setup last spring. This spring when I opened it, I have some really bad washouts from the bad winter thaw we experienced after record snowfall this winter. The sidewall uprights settled tipping back which brought up the pressure plates, and under pool cross supports!! There are now some big pockets on the bottom of the pool that are really stretching the liner. Any suggestions? I am hoping to just ride it out through the summer and then pull the liner and hopefully I can re-level and maybe add some more sand to fill in the voids. I used the 8 x 16 x 4 solid blocks at all uprights too.

Welcome to TFP!

There are now some big pockets on the bottom of the pool that are really stretching the liner.

This scares me. Your pool water weighs a lot and if that liner goes, it is going to be disasterous and if anyone is in that pool when it goes, they could be seriously injured or killed. I would highly suggest you do not *ride it out* and fix this pool ASAP.

There are now some big pockets on the bottom of the pool that are really stretching the liner.

Welcome to the forum, wish it would have been under other circumstances. :-(

There is an engineer at NASA with a really big computer that could likely figure out the failure point but I think you know you are way too close to it. With the supports being bent and the plates coming up it's just a matter of enough waves hitting a weak spot and woosh.......

IMHO - - I'm sorry, I vote for drain, fix, refill and then enjoy the rest of the summer.

Don't be this guy :suspect:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.