Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How am I doing?

1. Back To Top    #1

How am I doing?

New liner and fill a month ago.. attached is my progress so far.. CYA is at about 40 so now is probably a good time to switch to LC correct? We have a well so I am thinking 1qt a month of metal removal should suffice. PS only has this PoolStyle stuff.. this ok or should I switch to Jacks or HTM?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: How am I doing?

Spot on - time to go Liquid.

Watch that FC level - make sure it never drops below the target range. (dose to the top and let drift to the bottom of the range).

Do you know there are metals in your water?
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cincinnati, OH

Your numbers look good, except the swing down to 1.5 FC today. Your CYA 40 dictates minimum FC of 3ppm. Get the LC in there pronto, today.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

4. Back To Top    #4

Added LC... according to PS my metals are iron 2ppm. How can I test myself?
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

Buy an expensive metal test kit ... or trust the pool store for that.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!