LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm starting the process of a replaster and retile (Houston) and am looking for a good plaster company. I'll update this post as I have vendors out to do quotes and ask them about their process and ultimately select a vendor. I won't be posting prices on a per vendor basis in the thread - I will be posting overall experiences and who I ultimately select.

Rocha Plaster - Got a quote - not super comfortable with them, I don't speak enough Spanish to communicate effectively with the rep but I think we can get there from here with google translate and me staying on top of the installation.

The Pool Doctors - agreed to a bicarb startup and agreed to no water in the troweling process (per OnBalance instructions for killer plaster). Still waiting on formal quote 3 weeks later...

Williams Pool & Service - Got a strong reference, I don't think they service my area and I haven't had a callback yet.

Eliminated:
Pool Works TX
Express Plaster

Any recommendations on plasterers / installers that do good work in Houston?

It is just about time to give up on this project and revisit it in November or December, I have spent tons of time and non one is interested in talking about their process to ensure a quality job. The default answer: "If we get grey spots or mottling we acid wash and it fixes it!" Grrrrrrr.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.