Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replaster in Houston

1. Back To Top    #1

Replaster in Houston

I'm starting the process of a replaster and retile (Houston) and am looking for a good plaster company. I'll update this post as I have vendors out to do quotes and ask them about their process and ultimately select a vendor. I won't be posting prices on a per vendor basis in the thread - I will be posting overall experiences and who I ultimately select.

Rocha Plaster - Got a quote - not super comfortable with them, I don't speak enough Spanish to communicate effectively with the rep but I think we can get there from here with google translate and me staying on top of the installation.

The Pool Doctors - agreed to a bicarb startup and agreed to no water in the troweling process (per OnBalance instructions for killer plaster). Still waiting on formal quote 3 weeks later...

Williams Pool & Service - Got a strong reference, I don't think they service my area and I haven't had a callback yet.

Eliminated:
    Pool Works TX
    Express Plaster

Any recommendations on plasterers / installers that do good work in Houston?
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replaster in Houston

Pool works TX has a good reputation.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replaster in Houston

It is just about time to give up on this project and revisit it in November or December, I have spent tons of time and non one is interested in talking about their process to ensure a quality job. The default answer: "If we get grey spots or mottling we acid wash and it fixes it!" Grrrrrrr.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit