Cracked Heat Exchanger - Jandy Lx400 (2007)

My pool was built in 2007 with all Jandy equipment. It appears that the heat exchanger has a crack, as evidenced by a consistent drip seen when opening up the side panel where the drain holes are. I can't believe that we have only gotten 7 years out of this. We converted to salt in 2009. I'm assuming replacing the heat exchanger is possible, but won't necessarily be much less expensive than replacing. We have a Jandy RS Link w/ PDA and I am looking for replacement heater recommendations. One pool service company that I deal with recommends a Rheem. How does Rheem compare to others on the market and will it be compatible with my Jandy automation equipment so that I can turn the heater on/off and adjust temperatures with the PDA?

By the way - I'm not new here. I was previously registered under "smuggs" I couldn't recall my password for that account :confused:

If you search this forum you will see Rheem is the highest rated heater and it will work just fine with your system. In fact all heaters will work with your system. Now the amount of time you got out of your current unit, 7 years, is pretty close to the time frame that manufacturers quote, 7-10 years.

Keep in mind that the biggest culprit to damage heaters is poor water management.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.