Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite flow sensor connector, ID the wires for me?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite flow sensor connector, ID the wires for me?

Hi all,
    I just purchased a used Aqua Rite set up, and the wire for the flow sensor is cut off an missing. There is enough of a pigtail for me to add a new wire with the rj12 connector. I need your help to make sure I get the wire in the right order, and in the right connector pins. If anyone can snag a picture for me, or describe the wire order and orientation of the connector, I will be greatful for saving me from buying a new one. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Rite flow sensor connector, ID the wires for me?

Order does not matter and they are in the center pins. Pretty sure I have posted pictures of this previously.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I found your previous post. It is clear that there are 4 wires in my sensor, not just two. Though maybe this was pulling double duty as a temp sensor or something. Maybe it is just using the center two wires and ignoring the outer two?

4. Back To Top    #4

The flow sensor for the Aquarite is only be a continuity check, so only 2 wires. I have no idea why you see 4

Can you post pictures for what you have?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is a link to a photo of the sensor; http://m.imgur.com/3QvxCDR . 4 wires, black, yellow, red and green. Maybe the supplier that made this had a run of 4 wire cable instead of two?
    15,000 Gal. IG, Hayward C17502S Star-Clear Plus Cartridge 175 sq. ft., Hayward MaxFlo VS Pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

I just want to close this out in case someone else stumbles across this in the future. Ended up picking a 4 wire phone cable up, cutting one connector off and attaching the wires to the sensor pigtail in the same arrangement, even the colors were the same in the same order. Plugged it in, and everything is working. Going to continue to assume that there are 4 conductors in this cable, but only two are used. Hope this helps someone else.
    15,000 Gal. IG, Hayward C17502S Star-Clear Plus Cartridge 175 sq. ft., Hayward MaxFlo VS Pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for reporting back ... maybe they switched from the 4 to the 2 wires.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Actually, these flow sensors are used in lots of places in industry.

If you need to replace one, it pays to shop around. The one in the photo looks like it's from Harwil.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006