Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH always constant?

1. Back To Top    #1

PH always constant?

This is my second season with my intex 14x48 ultra frame. Last year and so far this year my PH has always remained at 7.5. Is this normal? The only thing I have ever done is added wally world bleach, CYA, and I added salt this year just to try it out. My numbers are always normal

FC 7.5 in the mornings and usually around 4 by the evening. I add chlorine at night and target 8
    CC 0
    TA 110
    PH 7.5
    CH 250
    CYA 60

I don't have salt strips but according to the Pool calculator I should be a little over 1000ppm. I added one 40lb bag of salt.

I don't know how much any of this info is relevant but I can't find anything on PH that remains constant. I'm not complaining because thats one less thing I have to worry about, just curious.
    Intex 14x48 Ultra Frame 4,600 Gal
    1,000 gph Intex cartridge filter
    TF-100
    Savannah, GA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH always constant?

Mine moves VERY slowly and I even have SWG. I might have to adjust only every two weeks.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

3. Back To Top    #3

In a vinyl lined pool, with no SWG, waterfalls, overflows...It can hold steady for quite a while. Besides chemicals, things that can raise it are what was previously mentioned plus rain, and splashing kids (and probably some other stuff). Anyway, even then it would probably take a lot of rain or splashing to see much effect in a sizable pool.

Now turn a hot tub on high with water breaking the surface, waterfall on, and open the air injectors.....that goes QUICK!
    12500 gallons, 24 foot round above ground
    Hayward Sand filter, Pentair OptiFlo 1HP 2-Speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine is rock solid at 7.5. All I add is bleach and occasionally CYA when it gets to low. I added borates this year and it's still rock solid.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine is rock solid also. About the only time it starts to rise is when I try to beat the Southeast Texas heat and run my fountain. Then I know I can run it at 6 hours for 3 days before I need to bring it back down.

17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

6. Back To Top    #6

Man, I am jealous, mine raises .1 per day, so weekly once I adjust my PH and every 3 weeks adjust my TA

My TF100 readings

CYA 35
    PH 7.7
    FC 6
    CC 0.5
    TA 60
    Borates 45
    CH 280
    13K gal, IG, Gunite pool with raised spa water spill over to pool, built on 2005
    1.5 HP Hayward MaxFlo VS - June 2014
    DE Filter Model # DE6020
    Added Borates on Jun 2014

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by missourian View Post
    Man, I am jealous, mine raises .1 per day, so weekly once I adjust my PH and every 3 weeks adjust my TA

My TF100 readings

CYA 35
    PH 7.7
    FC 6
    CC 0.5
    TA 60
    Borates 45
    CH 280
    have you played with your TA? I run mine around 80 and my father in law runs his around 110 for a steady pH.

17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jcowart View Post
    have you played with your TA? I run mine around 80 and my father in law runs his around 110 for a steady pH.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk
    No, not yet, as soon as TA reduces to 50 I raise it all the way to 90. I added borates few weeks back, but I yet to benefit from PH buffering properties of borates.
    13K gal, IG, Gunite pool with raised spa water spill over to pool, built on 2005
    1.5 HP Hayward MaxFlo VS - June 2014
    DE Filter Model # DE6020
    Added Borates on Jun 2014

9. Back To Top    #9

As long as I'm not the only one.
    Intex 14x48 Ultra Frame 4,600 Gal
    1,000 gph Intex cartridge filter
    TF-100
    Savannah, GA