New liner going in... Need help with a return.

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
Hi guys, I am having my tired faded full of holes liner replaced in the morning... I will have many questions... Such as best recommendation for adding chlorine and acid and baking soda etc... In the past since the liner was fried already when I bought this house I didn't care as much so I would just pour the chlorine in at the pools return, I would pour acid in the deep part, same for baking soda. Any way I want to know how best to do these things so I don't harm the liner or fade it out. Please give your opinion...

Ok so to the point... I have a return that was cut at some point, I don't know why only that it was... The water table is high where I live and I can't lower my water when I close, or the liner will float... I don't want that to happen to my new liner... Problem is with the cut I can see bubbles come out with the plug in when closing, so I know water met also get in as well... Here are some pics... I would like to fix or at least improve it since there is no water (if I can do so before the replace the liner).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 26
I can't help with the pics but all chemical additions are to be done in front of the return, slowly. Test your water and only add what it needs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.