Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New liner going in... Need help with a return.

1. Back To Top    #1

New liner going in... Need help with a return.

Hi guys, I am having my tired faded full of holes liner replaced in the morning... I will have many questions... Such as best recommendation for adding chlorine and acid and baking soda etc... In the past since the liner was fried already when I bought this house I didn't care as much so I would just pour the chlorine in at the pools return, I would pour acid in the deep part, same for baking soda. Any way I want to know how best to do these things so I don't harm the liner or fade it out. Please give your opinion...

Ok so to the point... I have a return that was cut at some point, I don't know why only that it was... The water table is high where I live and I can't lower my water when I close, or the liner will float... I don't want that to happen to my new liner... Problem is with the cut I can see bubbles come out with the plug in when closing, so I know water met also get in as well... Here are some pics... I would like to fix or at least improve it since there is no water (if I can do so before the replace the liner).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New liner going in... Need help with a return.

I can't help with the pics but all chemical additions are to be done in front of the return, slowly. Test your water and only add what it needs.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New liner going in... Need help with a return.

Ok so sounds like I may have been doing fine... You drop acid and baking soda in same area? And do you drop baking soda dry or pre mix with water and pour.
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.