Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swg effect the pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

swg effect the pump?

My Pentair IC40 needs cleaning, which I am waiting on a stand to clean the unit. If it fails does it prevent the pump from running.
    I have EOS automation and the lights come on the pump motor and the swg, but nothing is pumping water. I am wondering if it is a pump failure?
    I know that the SWG needs cleaning

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: swg effect the pump?

The SWG should not have anything to do with the pump running ... unless you have something in the automation for prime protection that uses the SWG flow sensor and the flow sensor is not working.

Prime protection is something that I did not know my automation had until recently.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I have a eos 3 automation system and the screen only shows device setup and orp on th screen. Waiting on the pool service company to call. For service call. Any ideas

4. Back To Top    #4

what steps do I need to get the screen that has/had pool circulation, spa, blower.....etc/ do I need to reprogram what steps should I take?