Pump not turning on

Jun 19, 2014
Edmond, OK
We have an intex above ground metal frame pool. We have the 1000 gal pump. We finally got everything set up today and the pump won't turn on. Last year, it wouldn't turn on until I moved it to a different outlet inside the house and it worked all summer. This year, we've tried the exact same outlet and several others. Not turning on. It will turn on for a second when we push the test button on the plug. help please!!!

We have an intex above ground metal frame pool. We have the 1000 gal pump. We finally got everything set up today and the pump won't turn on. Last year, it wouldn't turn on until I moved it to a different outlet inside the house and it worked all summer. This year, we've tried the exact same outlet and several others. Not turning on. It will turn on for a second when we push the test button on the plug. help please!!!

The fact that it won't turn on may have saved your life, believe it or not. You have a ground fault somewhere in the pump. Try and find out where. Could be a leak or a loose wire. But before GFCI protection it was a good way to get killed.

So be thankful for GFCI. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!

The GFCI on the plug end of the cord may have failed.

This is a possibility too, but I'd look hard for a ground fault.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.