Priorities with new water

Just emptied and refilled last Friday, slammed for a couple days just to make sure my algae is gone. Looks beautiful.

Just got my CYA up in the last 2 days (added 1 pound yesterday), but the pH always seems to be 7.8 24 hours after I add muriatic to get it to 7.2.

Today:
FC 2.5
pH 7.8
CH 175
TA 260
CYA 25 - 30

What should I be most worried about? In what order ( if any) should I add my 3+ quarts of muriatic, 14 lbs of calcium chloride, 27 oz of stabilizer?

Thanks!

Bring your pH down, wait 20 minutes. Add your CYA in a sock over the return. Add FC to get it up to at least 5ppm. Then you can add your calcium.

To account for loss to UV and outgassing. You'll loose anywhere from 0.5ppm to 2-3ppm per day, depending on many factors; heat, UV intensity, organics that find their way in, and usage.

You need to read up on the CYA to FC relationship in Pool School.
The minimum for your CYA is 2ppm, and you never want to drop below that, lest you have to SLAM it.
Personally, I would never let it dip below 2.5ppm.

I would also work on getting your TA down over time, as that high TA is causing a rapid pH rise.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.