Do I have algae?

I am at a complete loss. After slamming my pool, everything looked great again. Then about 10 days later, I started getting the same conditions. SLAM again.

I had cleaned my filter out BEFORE my last SLAM. But I didn't clear it out afterwards. This time around I opened up the pool filter after a couple days of SLAM and WOW....a green mess. So I cleaned it all out. Soaked the filter in bleach overnight. Had the chlorine up to 16 or so (slam level for 40 cya). OCLT test if fine now. On Friday the water was absolutely crystal clear. Perfect.

I threw the solar cover on Friday night. It rained about 2 inches yesterday. Awful. Then I pull off the cover Sunday morning. Water is still clear. But the bottom looks like a beach! I don't know what it is and why it's so bad!

Dead algae? I can't tell. Could rain dump this much gunk into the pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu8emyr.jpg

Bump. I cannot figure out what the **** this stuff is.

I vacuum it up and it seems to just blow right back into the pool. The water is completely clear. I cannot seem to get rid of it! What is it?

I finally used my vacuum hose, created a siphon, and sucked the stuff out of the pool. It certainly seemed to help but I still had some gunk left over probably as a result of stirring it up and not getting it all sucked out. I'm still at a loss as to what it is though.

So frustrated. I had my pool looking perfect after vacuuming last evening. Turned off the pump.

I came home from work today, pool still looking great even though we had about an inch of rain.

I plug the pool pump back in, and within 10 minutes this crud is back. It is OBVIOUSLY being blown in there by the pump. What else could it possibly be? It's not sandy. It's not slimy. But it seems to poof away a little when you run over it with the vacuum.

Do cartridge filters not catch this stuff?

At a total loss.

I plug the pool pump back in, and within 10 minutes this crud is back. It is OBVIOUSLY being blown in there by the pump. What else could it possibly be? It's not sandy. It's not slimy. But it seems to poof away a little when you run over it with the vacuum.

Does it look similar to dust bunnies? If so, it is bleached algae carcass, in which case it is indicative of a need to SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not sure what you mean by bleached. Wouldn't it be white then? This is definitely not white. It brownish. The water is perfectly clear and has been for weeks. This stuff just settles on the bottom in clumps, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.