Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long to run pool pump? 13,000 gallons, hayward superpump 3/4 hp 3,450 rpm

1. Back To Top    #1

How long to run pool pump? 13,000 gallons, hayward superpump 3/4 hp 3,450 rpm

Just curious. 13,000 gallons, hayward superpump 3/4 hp 3,450 rpm...

My pool place says 8-10 hours. I think that's kinda long. I'm in PA, don't get much debris, etc. I just want to know aprox how long it should run for and if it's better run run it earlier in the day or later...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long to run pool pump? 13,000 gallons, hayward superpump 3/4 hp 3,450 rpm

The pool place isn't paying your electric bill. Have you read the article in Pool School?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How long to run pool pump? 13,000 gallons, hayward superpump 3/4 hp 3,450 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Just curious. 13,000 gallons, hayward superpump 3/4 hp 3,450 rpm...

My pool place says 8-10 hours. I think that's kinda long. I'm in PA, don't get much debris, etc. I just want to know aprox how long it should run for and if it's better run run it earlier in the day or later...
    Bump. Any idea?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

What did you think of the article Richard posted?
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

how about 1 hour for each 10 degrees temperature? 90 degrees then 9 hours ? or so it was said here
    Blue haven kidney style 16,000 gal gunnite including Spa, test Kit TF - 100
    Built 2000 deep end 7.5 feet, 2 steps at shallow end
    Original SWG then convert to chlorine
    Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filter (4)
    Blue Haven Teledyne Laars Platinum II heater