Considering stenner

stslimited84

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2011
North East
Well the ingenuity of the fine people on this forum have inspired me to go the stenner route for chlorine maintenance. Based on my pool size, what pump would you recommend? Looks like the 45mhp10 is a popular choice here. I use 12.5% chlorine.

Where is everyone buying the dosing container from? I didn't see it on us water supply but then again I'm currently stuck using my phone for Internet.

I use the intermatic p1353 me digital timer for control and would be wiring the setup to this. Once all parts are sourced about how long is install? Seems like it would be fairly quick.

Is anybody using this for muriatic dosing as well?

Thanks again :)

Super quick install. I got my tank from the local car wash. It had some armor all residue in it ... But it was free.

I use the same pump you are looking at. Great setup.

I ordered mine from USwatersystems everything was included for the install of the pump. Get the black ¼ inch tubing it's more UV resistance. If you can pick your nose you can install one of these.:) If you are interested in the 15 gallon barrel pm me.

I installed mine today. Well, today is when I got it up and running. I also ordered mine from USwatersystems. I ordered the 45MHP2 Single Head Adjustable Output High Pressure Pump in 220v. The day I ordered it I went by Lowes and picked up my electrical needs, including a NEMA 6/20 receptacle.

images

I wired this up to the timer that powered the 220v pool pump, so when the pump is on the receptacle is hot.

I received the pump today as well as a tank from mikespoolfl (above). It took about 30 minutes to mount the pump to the wall and plumb it into the system. It plugs right into the receptacle, so no cutting off the plug supplied. Right now I have it injecting into the pump strainer basket, but plan on moving the injection point into the 2" return pipe when I get some "extra" time.

I'm running it at 65% at first which should deliver about a half gallon of bleach a day with the amount of time I'm running the pump. That was about what I have been adding lately. I'll give it a week or so to level out and see how that setting works out. I figure I can always add a little by hand if it starts dropping.

I'm going to order everything today hopefully. Is anybody dosing their muriatic with it? If so, would a dual head pump be worth it and I imagine both heads would be individually adjustable? Saw this one as an option: Stenner 100DMHP20

The specifications on the pumps indicate they use either a #1 tube or a #2 tube. what is the that referencing?

I dose MA by hand once a week. Seems like a lot of trouble for a little automation.

The ramifications of MA and cl in the same pump head scare me ( and your dosing times are going to be very different)

IIRC the 1 and 2 tube determine total dosage per day ... Up to 10 or up to 3.

Anybody have a good source for the 15 gal containers? The prices on us water systems seem a bit high for a basic container and I didn't have any luck on ebay.

I'm going to stick with just the single pump for chlorine and dose ma by hand as recommended :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Us water systems has been giving me the run around. Apparently the 45MHP10 is on back order and they failed to tell me despite contacting customer support about the status of my order.

Would any of the following be ideal for this setup as they are all the same price since the 45MHP10 is unavailable for the time being from us water:

45MHP2
45MHP22
85MHP5
85MHP17

I see they have different GPD rates and use different tubes but I'm not sure what the difference between tubes would mean for the setup etc.

im online with customer service right now so any quick advice would be awesome!

I just got the 10 GPD version late last week, via US Water, it shipped from Stenner to them, to me. Stenner will not drop ship to residential address, so it took a little extra time. Wish I would have known in advance. I would call them and ask the specifics, no reason you could not order the smaller version and change the tube.

Based on what I have seen on the tank, it is of high quality at a premium price. Very happy with the ease of install, but the top of the Stenner tank floods due to the recess in the tank. Poor design IMHO, buy maybe on purpose to protect from spills? Perhaps a design trade off. If I had a shed or wall nearby, would have went with a standard tank, saved some money and not had a mosquito factory built in. ;-)

A few folks have made some slick cabinets might want to search the forums a bit.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Stenner will not drop ship to residential address, so it took a little extra time.
Well, that explains a question I had. When I ordered from US Watersystems they called back within an hour to verify the address When I told them it was being shipped to a commercial USP Store box they said great and that was that....

Now I know the reason for the call

Us water has the 85MHP5 in stock and will overnight it to me to rectify the debacle. Is this acceptable for this setup?

in other words, are the extra rpm's detrimental to the longevity of the pump or anything im over looking?

The 85MHP5 pumps about 7.5 ozs a minute. You would be looking at really short run times.

the 85mhp5 has an Adjustable Output (GPD): 0.3 to 5.0

the 45mhp10 has Adjustable Output (GPD): 0.5 to 10.0

so at max output the 85mhp5 should be putting out 26.6 ounce per hour if my math is correct (5gpd/24 hours = 0.2083 gallons per hour (26.6 oz per hour/ .44 oz per minute)

doesn't it have a lower output/longer run time than the 45mhp10?

So my quest to get the stenner setup going has been aggravating just trying to get the pump. I received the 85MHP5 today; however it came in 120 instead of the 220v I ordered. Apparently someone from stenner packaged a 120 v pump in a 220v box.

Despite these issues. US Water Systems has been a stand up company to deal with. They are sending the correct motor overnight so I have it in time for my install. Will advise when it arrives.

I've got stenner envy of all those beautiful installs posted already!

Last edited:
Stenner just installed. Mounted into a wooden enclosure with venting. Have it set to max output (10) and going to run it for 3 hours which will give me 79.8 oz approximately and will adjust as testing indicates.

If it turns out like it should, this is gonna be freaking sweet.

Question...the output connection moves slightly with the rotation of the gears/pump. It looks like this is normal but I want to confirm either way.

:)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.