Are these safe swim numbers?

rbroh

May 12, 2014
Toronto area, Canada
Hi All

I'm part way through my first SLAM after recently discovering this site. My wife just told me she is having some kids over for a swim tonight and I'm wondering if I need to tell her to cancel.

Here are my numbers:

FC - 12
CC - 0.9
PH - 7.8
CYA - 5
TA - 120

I've read here that you are safe to swim "up to shock level", but the CYA/Chlorine chart doesn't show FC values for such a low stabilizer level.

Thanks

Your numbers look very "pool-storeish" so they are suspect as to their accuracy. In fact the chart doesn't go that low because you cannot really measure that low of CYA.

As Richard said, it will drop below 10 today if the pool gets any sun. Your CYA is probably somewhere between 0-20 so under 10 is plenty safe. Could cause the mild itching and crunchy hair if the CYA is truly zero, but no worse than a public pool.

Just to be sure though, you can see the entire bottom of the pool, correct? That is the really important safety consideration!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.