Autopilot cell replacement

Good morning all,
I have an autopilot digital swg with a RC 35/22 cell. I was wondering if when this needs replaced can I replace it with a larger cell say the RC 42? If so, would it require different electrical needs or can I just swap out the cells? Also, would having the larger cell benefit me to where I could either run the pump less or set a lower output %? Thank you guys and gals.

Good morning all,
I have an autopilot digital swg with a RC 35/22 cell. I was wondering if when this needs replaced can I replace it with a larger cell say the RC 42? If so, would it require different electrical needs or can I just swap out the cells? Also, would having the larger cell benefit me to where I could either run the pump less or set a lower output %? Thank you guys and gals.

It depends on which controller you have powering the cell.

If you have a "Pool Pilot Digital Nano" or "Pool Pilot Cubby Digital" you will not be able to move up to a larger size cell as the controller supports the RC35/22 cell only.

If you have a "Pool Pilot Digital" (DIG-220 or 75003) or "Pool Pilot Soft Touch" you can use any of the cells inlcuding the RC35/22, RC42, RC52 and CC-15 model #s. If this is a digital model you will need to program the new cell size in the installer's menu. No programming change is needed with Soft Touch models.

Thank you all. I have DIG-220 so when it's time to replace I think I will go with a larger cell. Thank you all so much.

To change the cell size setting on the programming you will press "menu" and then use the arrows to highlight "installer menu". Once "installer menu" is highlighted you will need to PRESS and HOLD the "select" button for approx. 14 seconds. From here use the arrows to find "cell type" and press "select". You can then change the size of the cell and pressing "select" once your cell is highlighted will save the setting.

The software will use the old part #s for the cells:
SC-36 = RC35/22
SC-48 = RC42
SC-60 = RC52

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.