I'm ready to cry. With four kids bugging me everyday for 3 weeks about the pool I'm really going crazy.
Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss anything
Three weeks ago started with greenish swamp - couldn't see the bottom - heavy algae and leaf - TONS OF TADPOLES.
(1) Shocked with 13 pounds of 78% calcium hypo (at night) and following morning the FC was 0. Vacuumed - general clean up.
(2) Three days later.....Shocked with 13 pounds of 78% calcium hypo (at night) and following morning the FC was 0.
(3) Added approximately (20) 3" chlor tabs - in two floaters and rest in skimmer basket (no inline chlor). Washed Filter.
(3) PH adjusted to 7.4 (borax), Alkalinity adjusted to 90, increased Calcium to 200 (was 150).
(4) Phosphate reading 1000 added 1.5L of PhosFree and circulated 24 hours (can only add 1.5 L at a time). Pool clearing to a bluish tint and we can see the bottom - still cloudy.
(5) Two weeks into it - Following the first application of PhosFree, Phosphates down to 500 - still no chlorine - husband accidentally shocked (didn't get my message to not shock) with 13 pounds of 78% calcium hypo (at night) and following morning the FC was 0. We were told not to shock until we removed phosphates (which supposedly are "eating up the chlorine"?). Was told to stop shocking pool - get organics out because shocking is throwing $50 each time down the drain.
(6) Added two or three bottles (I can't remember at this point!) of 1.5 L PhosFree at a rate of 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 - tons of backwashing....Monday 6/16 Blue pool but yucky cloudiness
(7) As of Tuesday 6/17 - GREEN tinge coming back! Darn...
(8) Wednesday 6/18 - At advice from Leslie's Added 2 Quarts of Super Floc (I saw your posts on floc today ). Turned off filter
Calcium H 200
Guy at Leslie's told me that "the issue with no chlorine is likely some organic matter that is chewing up the chlorine....making water cloudy. Need Total Chlorine Demand Test because it might take up to 200 lbs of Chlorine to "clear" my pool." Is this valid????
Advised Super Floc as a last resort. Now yellow gunk is floating on top of pool and it says not to filter.
What is your opinion on this no chlorine business? I don't want to keep shocking with 13 lbs of 78% cal hypo and readings of no chlorine!!! I've dumped $650 of chemicals into this darn pool....should I drain it?
Super Floc states I might need to add triple dose...Could all of this be from THOUSANDS OF TADPOLES which have decomposed?
Thanks so much!!