My SLAM Journey

Jun 12, 2014
Sharpsville, IN
I thought I would record my journey on here. To prove to myself, and any newcomers, that it was and is possible. I will try to provide pictures daily if I can along with my chemical usage and readings. For a little background, property was purchase end of April 2014. Pool was black. Hired pool company to "fix" for me, $1000 later, no fix. New internal parts all around in filter and new pump in 2013. Pool went from black, to clear enough to see the bottom of the shallow end, to murky and NOW back to black, algae ridden cess pool. TF 100 Test Kit.

And so begins my journey:

6/18 @ 7:00 PM - Welcome back to the cess pool
PH: 8.2+ - Off the chart
TA: NA
CYA: 0-20 - No change
CH: 320
FC: 0
3 gallons bleach @ 8:30 PM

6/19 @ 7:00 AM - No Color Change
FC: 0
3 gallons bleach @ 9:00 AM

aby6yse2.jpg
era8ype2.jpg
da7e3u4u.jpg
7u2e2ube.jpg

Got home last night from dinner TC plummeted to 1 over a 3 hour span

This mornings reading:

TC: 5

3 gallons of bleach in at 10:00
Have funeral today so 3 more gallons in at 11:45, will test when husband gets home around 3 if all goes well at auto shop if not testing will happen when I get home this evening ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm starting to see blue!!! Looking much better. Keep at it....and even though you hate it, brush and vacuum often. Even though it kicks up all the garbage, it helps in the long run.

What does the water look like? Is it clearing at all??

With your CYA now showing up, let's bump your Shock Level up some. Go ahead and start aiming for a 20ppm FC level.

Dang it I'm not home ! I will tonight when I get home from work. Water is a little murky still bc I stirred everything up last night. But all in all still looks like it did yesterday. We could see into the deep about about 4 feet down. I couldn't take pix this morning as it wasn't quite daylight enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.